Matt T. Paxton
Matt Paxton’s practice focuses on employment and labor matters, municipal advice, and construction disputes. His clients are predominately public agencies and private sector employers, contractors, and businesses.
Matt represents a variety of employers with employment and labor issues. He advises on all areas of employment law, including employment investigations, discipline/termination, risk management, and legal compliance (such as ADA, FLSA, and FMLA). Matt also advises and represents employers on union issues, including collective bargaining, contract administration, and grievances.
Matt advises public agencies on municipal matters, such as, open government, competitive bidding, interlocal agreements, and audit issues.
Matt represents owners, contractors, subcontractors, and suppliers in contract negotiations, construction disputes, safety citations, and prevailing wage issues. He speaks to industry leaders on topics such as contracting on public projects and insurance/bonds.
Matt started his legal career at the Seattle construction law firm, Ahlers Cressman & Sleight, and he joined the firm in July of 2018. He was born and raised in Skagit County.
- Western Washington University (B.A., cum laude, Philosophy and Communications with Honors, 2007)
- Seattle University School of Law (J.D., magna cum laude, 2013)
Professional Associations & Memberships
- Washington State Bar Association (admitted 2013)
- United States District Court — Western District of Washington
- United States District Court — Eastern District of Washington
- Whatcom County Bar Association
- Top 7 under 40 for 2022, Bellingham Regional Chamber of Commerce
- Rising Star for 2023, Super Lawyers
- Economic Development Alliance of Skagit County, Of Counsel
- Whatcom Dispute Resolution Center, President
Employment and Labor Law
Fire and EMS Practice Group